Thursday, January 4, 2007

Another Day Off (Oh Yeah)

Well, today is Thursday and I have another day off from school. I have been working on my lessons this morning and correcting papers too. I must return to my classes on the 8th of January. Teaching is awesome. Not just for the time off, but also for the great interaction you have with people everyday. My students are challenging and funny (sometimes) and aggravating too at times. Some of them might say the same things about me. One of the funnier things someone wrote during the first semester was a result of some vocabulary words we were learning. One of the words was "sheaves." On his paper the student wrote, "Sheaves-the plural of sheep. There were many sheaves standing in the field." I guess we need to review that word again! Anyway, I just wanted to see if I could actually post something to this blog. I was going to go into a discussion on new year's resolutions, but I better give myself a few more days before I reveal those and my progress or lack of progress so far.
Peace out.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Holy cow you figured out how to make a post! :) Just kidding. I am at work today. Not nearly as fun...

Marni said...

haha, sheaves...

Todd Plesko said...

I walked and ran for a hour and a half today. Near the park, a herd of sheaves chased me for a block. Very scary those sheaves.

John Plesko said...

Judy: I liked the story about sheaves, and I didn't realize that Madison county had herds of sheaves.

We used to have a friend named Sheaf, and his mother used to sing "bringing int he Sheaves."