Saturday, January 20, 2007

So What's the Problem?

Ok. This Plesko family blog is sorely lacking in posts. What's the problem? Perhaps you are concerned about your safety on the information super highway. Well, don't fret. I have had my students complete a unit on Internet Safety and I will share some tips with you so you can post without panic. Here you go:

*Don't never let someone on the computer tell that there is something for sale. (This one is for Chris.)
*Remember, parents can often sniff out a rat!
*Do not click on a pop up without your adult.
*Inappropriate sites are sites only adults can go on and are not suitable for kids to see.
*Keeping your real identity is very safe.
*Make your world a better place to have an internet.
*Do not give out your personal stuff.
*Never talk to people over 30. (That one is my favorite.)
*When people you don't know are talking to you. That is evil.
*Don't open mail if you don't know how it is.
*Don't go on chat sites and talk to predators.

Ok. There you have it. Now I want to see some interesting posts from the rest of the family. Things here in Manchester, MO are rolling along. I spend a lot of time at work or doing work-related activities. I'm reading a very good book that Marni gave me called The Ha Ha by Dave King. I am knitting (of course) and working on a vest for me, a baby afghan (for the baby hope chest), and a scarf. Jessica has started a new semester at UMSL and she has a very busy semester ahead. Teddy is a baby and we love him everyday and spoil him as much as possible. OK. Have a good weekend and take some time for YOU and the people you love.
Peace out.

3 comments:

Todd Plesko said...

"Never talk to someone over 30."

Where have I heard that before? Remember the 1960's?

Marni said...

haha, those are great! Getting great kid quotes must be one of the most motivating factors behind giving certain projects. I know I set my kids up for good comments sometimes when I need a good laugh.

Chris said...

Let's hear more stories about the 60's dad! :) haha.